1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement Monarch Valves

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Springlake3023, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Springlake3023

Springlake3023 Junior Member

I'm running an '86, K 10 with a Meyers blade. My problem exists in the Monarch control valves. The complete hydraulics are spliced in and powered from the power steering pump. Due to age and use of it, the lift valve leaks, allows the plow to settle down, and once warmed up, does not fully return to center position. I'm looking for either a replacement valve or seal repair kit for the valve. I can't find any markings or numbers on the valve past Monarch Road Machinery and address. Does anyone know if a similar replacement is available or repair kit? The age of the valves dates back to the '50's. I need to get this fixed before another pump gets burnt up.
  2. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

I recommend the following site:

Surplus Center has many replacement valve options depending on your application. I buy from them locally and no I don't work there. It's just a good place to find all kinds of hydraulic parts for projects.
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The people that made it,

Monarch Hydraulics
    1363 Michigan Street Northeast
    Grand Rapids, MI 49503-2003
    (616) 458-1306