1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement lights for and RT2 plow - Options?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by TSG, Aug 13, 2010.

1. TSG

TSG Member

Hi! I need new lights for my RT2 V plow... I called a local dealer and the same style lights with with metal housing is 450, plastic housing 310. Do I have any decent after market options at half the cost? Any help would be appreciated!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Depending on your budget the Meyer Night Saber ll's are a great upgrade and will go right on with some solder/splice work and they're out there for under $300 if you dig around. If that's out of your shopping ballpark the old standard issue Truck-Lite style sealed beams can be had for much less.

Anything's better than paying $450 for a set of outdated Boss OEM lights. :nod:

3. TSG

TSG Member

Hey B&B.. thanks for the info. I saw the Truck-Lite brand out there.. Are they a 4 wire set up like the Boss lights where I can just splice my connector into it?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No they'll be a 5 pin connector plug with the 5th wire being a dedicated ground, which your old lights didn't have. Instead they relied on the mounting stud to provide the ground. So the Truck-Lites would really be an upgrade with the extra wire since you won't have to depend on grounding through the mountings to supply ground. Much more reliable and better voltage at the lights that way.

5. TSG

TSG Member

Thanks again B&B.. I guess this means I have to rewire the whole truck and plow to accommodate these new lights?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not if you don't want to. Simply run the new ground from each light down to the neg cable connection on the plow motor and you're good to go.

7. TSG

TSG Member

Sounds easy enough.. Thanks a million!