1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement light needed ???

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by leadfooter, Jan 13, 2010.

1. leadfooter

leadfooter Member
    from Midwest

Replacement light help needed ???

What headlight do I buy at the auto parts store to just replace this sealed beam headlight unit (not the whole assembly) as I assume its just a regular head lightmounted in this plastic housing... but from what model car or truck, year ?? Mine is the same as the one below???Thanks

plow light photo.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Just take the bulb out and take it to the parts store they can match it

3. leadfooter

leadfooter Member
    from Midwest

Thanks for the reply...but its a sealed beam and you cant remove the bulb???

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

If you dissasemble the housing there should be a # on the back of the sealed beam bulb.

I believe those used a 6054 sealed beam , but I can't really remember , last set I had was on my old GMC , I swapped them for night sabers years ago.

TOM

5. leadfooter

leadfooter Member
    from Midwest

Thanks for the replies.
    The ones in mine were GE and the #'s on the Lamp were of no help so I took it into Autozone and after some very patient and helpful guys dug through the inventory they found a match in a Sylvania H6054.
    I have it installed now and it works great. Hope this helps someone else out.