1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement Drag Chain?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Bossman 92, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Western salt spreader I bought used last year. Well towards the end of the season the chain broke, and when I picked up a new one it wouldn't fit. (too wide)
    I think it's an 8' Ice Breaker Serial # 5234.

I measured the distance between the two sprockets and came up with 10 1/8" (center to center). Does anyone make a chain to fit this unit? I worked with an aftermarket supplier last year and he said that nobody makes a chain to fit this machine, given those measurments.

What am I missing?

Bossman

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

That will fit my spreader? Great. The only other option I had was to grind down my sprockets to fit the next size chain. As soon as I have the unit sand blasted and painted I will call and order.

Thanks. Bossman

4. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

if the 6 tooth sprocket will move you can slide them. The key word here is IF.