1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

replacement cutting edges

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by maximus44, Feb 28, 2007.

1. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

Hi all,
    wodering what or how much i can get a set of replacement cutting edges for my Blizzard 8/10.
    I called the dealer here(Toronto,Canada) and they want $500.00 for the 2 wing edges and the mail edge.
    Anyone get 'em cheaper?
    thanks, MAXIMUStymusic
  2. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

Hmm, if thats a canada price that probally isnt to bad, consider that here in the states my dealer quoted me $575 for a set of edges. I need to find a place to get them cheaper:realmad:
  3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I paid $450 us for 3/8 hd wing edges and a main edge last year. You could get a main edged from a local metal supplier but your kind of stuck w/ the wings. Good luck!!!
  4. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

810 Cutting Edges

I Can Get 810 Edges - Main Edge, L - Wing, R - Wing

$375.00 Plus Freight ......

Aaron :)
  5. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

those price are insane, i wouldnt spend more than 400 bucks for a 5/8 in edge. 3/8 what the hell is that, its like scraping with a butter knife
  6. paulsauto

paulsauto Member

wing and cutting edge prices

The main edges are 1/2 and the heavy duty wings are 3/8. The factory wings are 1/4 in with a 1in rub edge. The main edge carries most of the weight. the wings only wear as fast as the main edge. I have cutting edges for 01 and newer for $360 plus shipping. I also have the poly edges for $495 a set. they claim they last 3 times as long. I only have one customer with them and he just got them a couple months ago so jury is still out. He the first time he used them they didn't cut good at all but now he really likes them. much easier on the seal coating on his drive way.

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

just replace the main edge with a new one.... take the worn edge cut it down and weld it to the face of the wings, you can also add to the curb guard at the same time,