1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement cutting edge Pro Plus 8ft

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MSsnowplowing, Nov 10, 2012.

1. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

Has anyone ever bought the aftermarket cutting edge from here:

http://www.centralparts.com/unassigned/8-cutting-edge-western-pro-plus/16821/

They list their edge at $103, with shipping it jumps to $172.

Not sure it is worth risking a savings of just $30 dollars to get aftermarket.

The western brand is $202 tax included at the store.

I have about 1 inch left on my blade so it is time to replace it.

2. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

Make your own for about $50 and an hour of your time.

Go down to your local steel yard and buy a 8ft long piece of 1/2" x 6" flat stock. Drill some holes or use a torch/plasma to punch the holes out and buy new bolts with washers.

That's what I do at least. I go though alot of cutting edges though so it's worth the time to make my own, plus I have the tools to do it. My last one cost me $56 for the steel and less than $10 for new bolts,washers,and nylock nuts.

Use the old cutting edge as a template for the holes in the new steel.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I thought cutting edges were hardened. Maybe that's why you are going through so many. I would pay the extra $30 and go and pick it up before having one shipped.