1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

replacement connector

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Sno4U, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Can I get a replacement weathertite connector (2 prong - for the spinner) for my Salt Dogg shpe1500?
    Its a molded on (factory) connector and doesn't look like something that is sold as a replacement part.
    I've tired NAPA w/ no luck, nothing has a heavy enough guage wire.

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Buyers does not sell the plugs separately,you have to buy the whole harness.I would call Karrier[the company who used to make Buyers controllers] and ask them as they actually make a better harness for our Doggs than Buyers.Lovely Chinese crap isn't it?

3. trmiller

trmiller Junior Member

when i have broken ones i will cut off both ends and use a weatherpak connecter instead

4. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

What gauge is the cable? I have several replacement type harness ends

5. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Just to make sure, you're talking about the plug on the spinner and not the truck side harness?

There is a replacement for the spinner side - p/n 3006753. Try Central Parts or Angelo's.

Just my .02¢

6. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

At this point, I will now need both ends. I had to cut off and replace w/ something I found locally. Not heavy duty, but works for now and am concerned as the gauge of the temporary replacement is not nearly as heavy as the original and is not a weathertite seal. So, still in the market for a good replacement, 2 prong, wether tite replacement connector.
    I do not know what guage the wire.
    Anybody else know-off hand?

7. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

if you can tell me the outside diameter of the cable (including insulation) I can come up with something

8. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Why not a plow and truck side power harness off a Boss plow, it 4 gauge wire with a positive and negative and it is weather proof. They run around $80.00 for the set.

Mike

9. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

What about Grainger or McMaster-Carr for a weathertite plug?