1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

replacement chain

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by CT18fireman, Aug 30, 2001.

1. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Need a source for replacement drag chain for spreaders. Would like to find a manufacturer cause I need a specific length that will not be a stock size.

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Cheapest way out might be to get a stock length, if you can get the width right, that is too long and clip it to fit. The connector pin can go in any link so it's just a matter of grinding the right pin off to take out the extra chain. They're easy to make if you have the ability to do basic welding, so that might be an option as well.

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

In NY,Liberty Chain corp,they will make any chain you need,I' dont have the # handy,I'll try to get it at work tommorrow.If your impatient,its in Sullivan county NY,and the area code is 845,so for 45 cents ,you can use information to get the # with the area code.

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I was leaning towards making one. I do not need it for a sander but I need about 40 feet for a conveyor I am building.

5. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

What will you be moving with the conveyor? There are several types of chain for conveyor use, depending on what you need to move. Spreader chains are what is called "Pintle Chain" and are made so that there is not much area that will wear or bind up in the joints on them. It's also more expensive than some of the other types used in conveyor applications.

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Yeah I know there are other types. I will be moving sand, mulch, dirt, stone and other material with it. I am looking for that type of chain because it will be subject to the same conditions as my spreaders. Weather and Materials.

7. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

Southford Garage

In Southbury has a large inventory (or at least they used to a few years back) Old, new, and in between. I would give them a ring or stop up there, its a nice are to go for a drive. Cool place for window shopping too, they carry a bunch of trailers, truck beds, plows, spreaders and the like.

Check them out!

Southford Truck Equippers LLC
    Southbury, CT
    203-267-6337

Hope this helps!