1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement Bulbs For Plow Lights

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chris-R, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I've been searching threads on upgrading plow lights for better visibility. I noticed that some people don't like the blue lights. They say the blue reflects off the snow and gives them a headache after a while. I was looking at some PIAA bulbs, specifically the PIAA Intense White at 4100k temp and the PIAA Star White at 3800k temp. Has anyone used these particular bulbs in your plow lights and what are your thoughts. Thanks for the help.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Hopefully they will not run too hot for the housings. Might talk to PIAA about it before you spend the money. I would hate to see Night Sabers melted / deformed with what they cost. As far as visibility goes your out in the storm with light reflecting every which way. It's going to be a challenge anyway.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007