1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

replaced springs, truck is now leaning

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by meyer22288, Mar 14, 2010.

1. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i ordered x code springs for the front and b codes spring for the rear on my 2000 f-250 psd 4x4. i installed them in my buddies shop and everything swapped in easy and we checked everything twice to make sure everything was tight and adjusted and as it should be. put the tires on took the truck off the lift and everything sat level and the height we estimated it would sit. drove the truck home 45 min ride no problems. took the truck out today and noticed the passenger side front now leaning quiet a bit. i crawled under to check everything and cant find any issues. again i used x code springs for the front and b code for the rear but the rear seats fine. :help:

2. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Mine did the same thing leaned an inch, I made the spring shop take all the springs out and replace them Same thing. The only way we could get it right was to add a block to level it. We measured every thing imaginable nothing bent or sprung. Wasnt a good answer to me but I was there through the whole procedure and saw nothing wrong

3. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

ok so looking at it today i noticed an issue. the leaf springs are seperating between where they bolt the to the spring shackels and the u bolts. both sides. any ideas before i torch this truck:realmad:

4. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Post a picture if you can

5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I just replaced all my 99 springs with new ones fron an 04 with 3000 miles on them and had no issues with it not sitting level

6. Leaning

Ford says that up to 3/4" lean is considered normal. You can add a shim under the side that is low. The separation of the leaves is also normal. Did you tighten all spring bolts AFTER the truck was on the ground ???

RON

7. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I've had the same coil spring break twice on my F-150. It takes a few days for a new spring to settle level.

8. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

truck just needed to settle i guess? bought home my new to me 9ft fisher the other day and now the thing sits fine.:dizzy:

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

that was an easy fix....lol

10. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

For the guys that said to block or shim the front, bad idea. The block can squeeze out.