1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replaced new fan clutch and HUGE improve cool down.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Milwaukee, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Well I am sick of blew up #4 radiators. It start leak when you park hot or idle long.

It was 95 F250 80K miles with 351W only 16K miles. Well it didn't came with AC It have non AC fan clutch on it.

I went to store to get new fan clutch so I ask them bring both clutch. One is non ac and one is AC. I notice non Ac turn like my old fan clutch but new one is tough to turn. I pick AC fan clutch.

Only difference is non ac cost $55 while AC cost $59.

I put AC fan clutch What a huge improve it suck air like vacuum.:mechanic: And I learn stay away engine for few min. It was spin with water bottom of radiator then couple seconds it engage then it spray water 8 feet from truck.

If you own any F250 or F350. Just upgrade to AC fan Clutch you will notice huge cool down but it sound like airplane when it turn on better than overheat and blow up seam on radiator then leak coolant while plow.
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I put a new A/C clutch and fan blade on the big red drain when I replaced the water pump. All 3 made a huge difference! Make sure all the radiator fins are straight and not blocked with bugs and stuff.