1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

replace engine

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by andyman0291, Oct 23, 2008.

1. andyman0291

andyman0291 Senior Member

hey guys, just wondering, is it possible to replace the v-10 engine with a v-8 when it dies? what modifications would have to be made to the motor mounts? etc? just an idea i had when my motor died on my v-10. thanks

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Sure u can If u have every part that comes with the v8 such as sensors, acessories, harness ,computer,And poss some or all of the exhaust

3. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

big job to do that.

It be cheaper and easy is replace with same V10.

What problem with V10 on truck? Our F250 with V10 still run great it have 255,000 miles.

If you have lot money and time then it worth to put V8.

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Im just curious as to why you would want to downgrade engines?

5. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Ditto? If you think you will get better milage from a 5.4L think again. At best 1mpg better. V-8 has to work to hard and the first time you hook a trailer or put some weight in it you will lose that savings because instead of your mpg droping a few mpg it will be cut in half.

6. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

[​IMG]

Plus V8 5.4L will work so hard then it get worn out fast maybe they get to 100,000 miles then it broke because they were in huge truck that suppose have V10.

Keep mind that V10 would last to 350,000 or more miles if you keep maintain.

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The V-10 isn't much more expensive to replace then the V-8. There are plenty of used V-10 engines around.