1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replace Bad saltdogg Salter controller?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by bcbrouwer, May 13, 2012.

1. bcbrouwer

bcbrouwer Member

I have done hours of research on the faulty controllers from saltdogg, but still dont have a solution besides buying a new one and risk having the same trouble. It was shooting out codes and the auger wasn't working, and the spinner was doing its own thing going fast and slow sparaticly. I ended up putting live power through a switch to run the auger the rest of the winter, but it had no speed controll.

It is the black face with the part # 3014199. Is there a good one i can replace this one with? I know there are many people that had troubles with this one, but most of the threads I read said they got warranty and used new ones of the same type. one source said omega by karrier, but I went on the site and could not see where i could get one for my 2 cubic yard saltdogg salter. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
  2. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

I put mine on a toggle switch much easier and more reliable
  3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

The white faced Salt Dog one or the Karrier one are the ones you want.After going through lots of info and trouble with mine,I think the 2 are identical except for outside appearance.
  5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Karrier used to make the white Salt dogg controllers....
  6. bcbrouwer

bcbrouwer Member

Great! Thanks guys, i have a bit of time to get ready for next season, but it's good to have everything before it gets busy!
  7. bcbrouwer

bcbrouwer Member

Just wondering if anyone knows about a connector adaptor harness to make the karrier controller fit a buyers wiring harness? I cant find a part # and I called around and cant get ahold of karrier at the moment. the 2 pin plug is fine, its the round 6 pin plug that i want to have fit the buyers harness on my truck. or if I knwe which wires went where, I would make my own, but the colors are different. any help appreciated, thanks
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Karriar's unit can be ordered configured for Saltdawgs.