1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Repair/reseal intensifires (moisture/fogging)?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Aug 11, 2015.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Hi - is there any way to disassemble these without breaking them and then put back together? The bottoms near the mounting bolts are riveted, and it seems as though the reflector is held to the outside "bucket" but not sure if it is one part or just held together with some adhesive etc.. I having issues with 2 of my plows where either the light gets all fogged up and/or its eating bulbs. Obviously the back lid is not water tight per se, but this leads me to believe moisture is getting in there but not sure how to fix it even if I can open them up without breaking something.

Any help appreciated. Would rather not shell out the nearly $300 for a new set. :drinkup:

2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

unfortunetly ull be able to get them apart BUT theyll not go back together u gotta live with it or buy new ones u might try bringing them in to a dry enviroment and runnug a bead of clear caulk around the the frt the bulb eating shoulnt be happening either u have a short some where or ur dropping the blade to quick/hard and its rattling the bvulbs to death

3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Pretty sure the bulbs are from moisture, not a short. They are not shattering, and same operator that uses the straight blade that drops just as fast. No wiring knicks etc. Guess I could try to swap the plugs from side to side to confirm (and swap plug underhood for correct signals) for now, but either way was hoping to clear up because obviously they don't shine light as bright filled with fog etc.