1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Repair found for Fisher Speedcaster

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by RJC, Jan 29, 2002.

1. I have a new Fisher Speedcaster and have had a problem with it running salt out the bottom when the machine is off. I contacted Ray Thomb who is a service manager at Fisher this past friday evening regarding this problem. Monday morning he had found the problem for me and has new replacement parts on the way. Fisher has great service!

For those who have this problem also, the problem is with the spinner. The one on mine doesn't have a cup looking piece at the center as it should. This cup keeps the salt from running when the machine is off.
    Should you need this part Ray said for you to call him at the number listed below.

Ray Thomb
    Fisher Service
    207- 594-4446 Ext. 272

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Just to clarify for everyone: Is this the Speedcaster 1 single stage, or the Speedcaster 2 double stage spreader? I'm guessing the single stage.
  3. This is only the Speedcaster I. More directly this is the concern as mentioned in a previous post here by KY SNOW. Thanks for clarifying this, as I wasn't very clear as to which one it is.
  4. Waterchikn

Waterchikn Senior Member

A cup? I have had the same problem everyone else has, with the salt just pouring out... I am very interested in this, if someone could give me a part number for it. I don't see it in my paperwork. Thanx
    I will also call my dealer and see what they say...
  5. I received mine a couple days ago, haven't installed it yet, but it is a peice of poly plastic that fits over, and bolts to the spinner. It closes the gap between the feed gates and the spinner a bit in order to stop uncontrolled salt flow when the machine is off.

Call Ray Thomb, he will know what you need!
  6. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

you just made my day!

I can't believe it! I have been complaining to the dealer about this problem and even posted the question here and no one had an answer. I was losing soooooo much salt with that thing missing! I am calling your man Ray tomorrow!
  7. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

If you see this in time, maybe you could suggest that Ray get Fisher to communicate this problem & the fix to their dealers??
  8. Waterchikn

Waterchikn Senior Member

Part Number??

I have contacted my dealer and they don't even know what I am talking about...I will call Ray in the morning, I havn't had the chance yet, I am guessing he will send me the part instead of the dealer. Is this something that i am going to have to pay for? I don't think it would be fair, they should pay us for the mishaps of salt piles. lol.
    Does anyone know what part number that thing is?

9. Waterchikn:
    I don't have the part # as I threw the packaging away. Ray will know what you need though.
    I didn't have to pay for a thing! Ray sent the part and I had it in two days.

Bob (RJC)
  10. Waterchikn

Waterchikn Senior Member

Well, I called Ray. He rules. I should be getting that part very soon. I will let everyone know what the number is and how installation goes on this thead.
  11. Waterchikn

Waterchikn Senior Member

Part Number

I received my missing part today. Took alittle longer than I expected, but I only had one event since I learned of the part. For those of you who are wondering it is called a "Spinner Kit (Polyurethane)" Part # 94512. Item # 36 on the new revised parts list. Hope this helps ya'll. I know it will make my life alittle easier. Again thanx to Ray Thomb at Fisher, as I believe he frequents this site now.