1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Repair a unimount controller?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bigjeeping, Mar 7, 2011.

1. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

My uni-mountcontroller won't angle left. I hooked up my spare and everything works properly. Can a controller be repaired or should I trash it?

2. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

check the wiring on the connector. Mine had a broken wire where the pigtail entered the connector, causing the same problem. If that isn't it, check inside the controller for a broken solder joint. It should be able to be repaired fairly easily if you know how to solder.

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Sometimes the hand held controller wires break at the base of the handle. There is a rubber "strain relief" on some controllers and the wires break there. I have repaired several by opening them up and cutting a few inches off the brocken end and then resoldering them to the circuit board.