1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

repainting a plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snowplowpro, May 23, 2010.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

I HAVE A 7.6 UNIMOUNT I WANNA SEND TO GET SANDBLASTED BUT I WANNA DO THE TOWER PIECE THAT LOCKS ON THE FRAME SHOULD I TAKE THE LIGHTS AND HOSES OFF WILL THE SAND HURT THE HOSES LIKE PUT HOLES IN THEM OR ARE THEY OK TO LEAVE ON ussmileyflag :help:

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

repaint

strip it now or you will regret it later !

3. snowplowpro

from NJ

that bad huh ok thank you very much i will do that then :waving:

4. Mattsautobody

Mattsautobody Member

i worked for a sandblasting place, iff you dont have the time, just put two layers of duct tape over the hoses and wiring. a good sandblaster will not directly hit the hoses or wiring...

5. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

I would take them off, I mean how many good "sandblasters" are there?

6. snowplowpro

from NJ

painted it

:mechanic:well i did not get it sandblasted i scraped with a scraper cleaned it and painted with rust-oleum looks good

7. CHasselberger

CHasselberger Member

Did you use the rust-olem rusty metal primer or rust inhibitor/preventer? I'm re-finishing my plow also and can't decide which is better to use. Anybody ever think of/or use the spray-on bedliner on the backside of the plow?

8. snowplowpro

from NJ

I used rust oleum brown autobody primer and rust oleum red and rust oleum black for the tower taped everything off and sprayed away looks good .