1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Repacement edge

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by indianajim, Jan 25, 2010.

1. indianajim

indianajim Junior Member
    from Indiana

I live in Indiana, and I'm looking for a place online to buy a replacement edge for my Meyer 7.5 plow. Any suggestions? Still undecided if I should buy a U-edge or an steel edge also.(I do alot of gas stations with the raised tank lids)
    Thanks for any info folks

Thanks Indiana Jim

2. indianajim

indianajim Junior Member
    from Indiana

Seriously....No suggestions?

3. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

4. RickinMt

RickinMt Junior Member

7-1/2' cutting edge

Jim, I just put a straight one on yesterday 3/8's x 6" x 7-1/2'. Cost me 200 bucks including shipping. Works great, but I'll never do that again. I can get the half inch steel here locally for 60 bucks.
    The new blade does "back blade" a lot better also...course it's a lot heavier. It does chatter bad on country dirt roads and am concerned about that.

Hope this helps,
    RickinMt.

5. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

I just bought a bunch of hoses,,other. Crap and a cutting edge from cpw andthe edge was half edge. Everything and shipping was 200

6. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Hi Gamberbull. Question-- What do you mean the the edge was half edge? Never heard of that before.
    Thanks and have a great day

7. gamberbull13

Half inch thick. Sorry the auto correct on the motor Droid phone sucks. My bad,you might be addicted to plowsite if you post from ur cell: )

8. indianajim

indianajim Junior Member
    from Indiana

rubber edges

Have any of you guys tried the rubber edges, I've always used a steel edge. But with that being said I do a company chain of 5 gas stations, and they have raised lids for the fuel tanks in the ground, that is why I am wondering aabout the rubber edges. Cause when I hit those lids and there are 2 lids probably 3' apart and probably 8 sets in a row. it is just down right horrible to plow, doesn't matter if I back drag or push, it just plain sucks!

9. gamberbull13

My girls dad plows for a surrounding county and runs rubber on boss, he says it dont scrape worth beans but is easier on his white hair

10. indianajim

indianajim Junior Member
    from Indiana

lol....Thanks for the info

11. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Thank you, I wanted to make sure that they weren't trying something new and make the edges smaller so that they can charge less or give less and charge the same.

12. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

edge what?$$

ya ya,try maybe a tractor supply for tractor back blade edge n redrill them holes..

13. back drag girl

back drag girl Junior Member

Try angelos supplies www.angelos_supplies.com they carry all kinds of edges and the rubber cutting edges as well. go t the website always be goos with me

14. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Indiana Jim, where in Indiana are you? I am not too far from CPW Central Parts Warehouse ( link at the top of the page) and I bought my 8 foot 1/2" edge from them and it was a little over 100 bucks and the bolt kit was only 12 bucks. Here is the link for the 3/8" edge for the ST 7.5 blade http://www.centralparts.com/Diagram22.aspx It is 104 bucks. Only about 20 minutes over the border of Illinois. I was just there last weekend and they had cutting edges galore. If your close in NW Indiana I could run over there with you and show you around.