1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Renting out my plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by TheKing, Feb 13, 2007.

1. TheKing

TheKing Junior Member

This guy that I know just called me up and asked me if he could “rent” my spare plow from me. I offered to sell it to him for $1000 but he said he wanted to rent it. This plow is a 7.5 foot western about 5 years old. Does anyone have an idea what I should charge him?

2. DodgeRam1985

DodgeRam1985 Member
    from Ohio

I would research the guy and find out if he is going to just do his driveway or try to make a little money by running a one time operation business. If he is goign to try and run a profit off of it, I'd charge him how much you could make using it, if you used it. If he is just going to use it on his driveway or whatever, I personally would charge him around $150, with a $50 security deposit. A plow in a truck can move very fast, and you could never see it again, so be carefull. Good Luck!
  3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'd say no thanks. Too many potential problems, theft, damage, Heck im sure you could even be sued if something went wrong or someone got into an accident. It's just not worth the little amount of money to me.
  4. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I would definately say no. Tell him to buy the plow or see ya later. Like Day Spring said, TOO MUCH CRAP INVOLVED!
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Yikes, I'd steer way clear of this guy. If he just wants to do his driveway give him a price for you to do it.
  6. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

I am a little confused. Does he want to rent a truck with a plow or just a plow. No way I would rent truck. I am sure you insurance would not cover this.
  7. snowhappy

snowhappy Member

not worth the headache don't do it
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The only way I'd do it is make him put a $1000.00 deposit down on it (since that is what it's worth to you). That way if he never bring's it back or it come's back bent or broken you have the grand to keep, or to deduct the cost from of repairing it.