1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Renting Loaders

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Amazingearth, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Amazingearth

Amazingearth Junior Member
    from 20132

I am in the process of looking at commercial properties for the 2015/2016 season. Many sites will require loaders, that I will have to rent. What do you guys pay for loaders that you rent for the season? Sunbelt is WAY high down our way, so just looking to see what you guys pay on average. Any advice is great! Thanks!
  2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I've never had much luck with the sunbelt up here.
    Check out Caterpillar.
  3. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

Skid loaders? Wheel loaders?
  4. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Cat has a Great rental system I heard...
  5. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I believe I pay 425 month plus 14 hourly for a 242 skid and 575 plus 22 hourly for a 928 loader
  6. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Wow that sounds good, Cat quoted me around $1k/ month for a winter lease (six Months) on a skid loader. I think it was a 262B with a cab and heat.
  7. GTMN

GTMN Member

You can't make much profit renting equipment, especially loaders in my opinion. Start smaller and buy a used loader and work up. Rental payments are generally due on a strict time line and if your plowing payments don't come in on time you will just be making excuses and wrecking your credibility.
  8. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I can lease Cats cheaper than the same dealer rents them. 349 a month for 500 hours a year.

No way in the world would I rent wheel loaders. We're up to 2 621B Case wheel loaders, both under 30K each. After 3 winters of rental here, they're paid for. Yes, I know if it's a rental and something happens to it it's on their dime and not yours, but I figure saving 10K a year per machine it's worth the gamble of a transmission/diff/engine.
  9. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Bigger machine. They treat me well because I have sent over a few million dollars in sales to them, and everything is discounted.
  10. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

What size machine is that for? 715 a month for a 60 month lease on a 262 here.
  11. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

That's for a little smaller machine. 242D. That's for any term you want from 12 months to 60 months, 500 hours a year. Be crazy to buy or rent when I can lease them for that kinda money.

They're actually a little too small for our summer work hardscaping, but the Logering VTS track system makes them stable enough to work, with counterweight, plus you have the benefit of the tracks. And for the money, I think an extra trip here and there is bearable in the summer. They run 10 foot Arctic/Boss boxes in 2-4 inch storms, 200-300 foot pushes just fine.
  12. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

Agreed, that is a great deal.