1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bristolturf, Oct 16, 2009.

1. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

Rental S.E. WI

I am wondering if there is any outfit that rents box spreaders? I dont really have the budget right now to go and purchase a brand new or even decently used 1.5-2.5 cu yard salter but was maybe considering renting one if there is such a thing? I guess if not, would anyone in the S.E Wisconsin region be interested in renting one if they by chance have one they are interested in selling or dont use
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  2. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

Hertz rents them, but you have to rent a truck to go with it... and they are not cheap...
  3. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

anyone else?
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sub your salt/sanding jobs out this year and save money to buy something next year.
  5. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

by the time you get done renting one for a season you can buy one . you can find used vboxs pretty cheap . A new steel briggs gas is only like 3 grand youll end up spending that renting one than you have to give it back to them plus rental equipment alway sucks they give the equipment to people who have no experience with anything lol