1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rental

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dfdsuperduty, Sep 27, 2009.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Where are you guys renting your skids, wheel loaders and back hoes from? I have looked into the national accounts sunbelt, hertz, united etc...

2. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Local construction equipment dealer's will do lease's for you like Cat, Case, New Holland. Never heard of Hertz renting or leasing construction Equipment!

3. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

we have hertz equipment rental around here. you would prolly have to ask for long term rates, most ive ever needed equip for is 1 week. Ive found that sunbelt has better day rental prices whereas hertz comes in cheaper for 1 week or longer rentals, at least in my area.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Scott Van Kepple Volvo all the way.

J.

6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I dont rent snow equipment. But when I rent something for the other part of my bus., I usually go to RSC, Sunbelt, or Cat.....usually in that order. If one dosent have it I go down the line. RSC & Sunbelt are pretty close in price, with Cat being a little higher "usually". I would have to say RSC & Cat have the more updated fleets with Sunbelt having the best variety.

7. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

pro touch is right, sunbelt has awesome daily rates - short term, also very quick with delivery and not so quick with pickup ( i had a backhoe for 2 weeks once and only paid for one day!!!).
    hertz was very competitive for monthly rates, i got a JD backhoe last year for 1600 / month... their skidsteers were overpriced - check out new holland they have a pretty cool looking lease thing for the winter.

8. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

i got a JD skid from United for the winter last year, they were the only ones that would give me a long term rate in this area