1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rental Truck Drivers

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by REAPER, Jan 21, 2011.

1. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

and why people think most are morons. :rolleyes:

After talking to the warehouse foreman and agreeing where trucks would unload I clean a spot for them. I also use the space to back up in to push toward the end.

cleaned here.jpg

Then the moron in a rental truck parks on top of my piles and in front of where I was pushing!!! :realmad: :realmad:

parked here.jpg

cleaned here.jpg

parked here.jpg

2. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Do a huge mini shopping mall at rush hour to keep drives clean. Or better yet do a damn gas station at anytime. Then you will know what pissed off is. :)

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Oh boy, Yea I've run into morons at the 2 pharmacy's that I service. It can sure get hectic at times!

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I have done plenty of pizza joints and fast food places to know eggsactly what you mean!!! :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:

Try a Toys-R-Us at 12 AM December 22nd in blizzard mode with a line of people around the building waiting for them to open!!! :dizzy:

5. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

IDIOTS LOL I DO A MINI MALL WITH A SUPER MARKET, RITE AID, PIZZA PLACE ,BEER STORE i know what your talking about :mad::gunsfiring:

6. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

:salute: YOU WIN!!!

7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Yep, you can have 90% of the lot done and some ahole will park in the snow which is a longer walk than if they parked on clean pavement:dizzy::gunsfiring:

8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Not only was it a longer walk he also had to clomp through the snow piles. I am almost positive he did it on purpose and tried to get a chuckle inside like he was a big man or something. I am also sure he was corrected of his thinking since I had talked to the foreman not 30 mins before hand. The DB would not even look at me when he got out of his truck and I was sitting right there.

9. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

i almost pulled a lumber delivery guy out of his truck today after he parked right in the middle of the road and refused to move. I got out of my truck and yelled some mighty colorful words at this guy. don't 'f with me when I'm behind because of truck problems. I gave the contractor a piece of my mind too when he heard the commotion. because he started the whole traffic tie-up in the process by blocking half the driveway i was plowing.

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

lol...i was on the phone with you when this happen...u where so upset....you have to love the common sense of the public...

11. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

common sense whats that:dizzy:

12. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Yeah you may be the first to experience my road/lot rage 1st hand. :jester:
    In my younger days I may have got out of the truck and yelled but now I think of the customer and realize you just can't fix stupid. :alien:

Something learned and these days parents protect the reality of the world from their kids while the kids learn it from shows like Jersey Shore or whatever it is called. :rolleyes:

13. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Lately I dont even yell at people anymore...well ok I do but people like that get the treatment. When they think they are being a smartazz and go inside laughing I make sure to plow ALL around their sht. When they come out they arent laughing anymore and get the point. Funny as hell watching someone dig out their car. Ive done that a few times already this year. One guy parked there for the night as he lived across the street in a house and parked in a commercial backlot. He knew I was plowing as he saw me. Lets just say this dude probably didnt go anywhere until we got rain earlier this week :laughing:

14. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

When i plowed commercially in a strip mall w a supermarket, best buy, bowling ally and a bunch of other stores i would just plow their car in (like a 24" pile all the way around their car), they needed a shovel to get INTO their car:D

15. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

god i cant get more happier when i see some one park were i am plowing and they get out laughing. but after they are out of sight i finish my work and drive off the lot laughing as im say to my self, good luck flucker! 4-5 ft banks suronding car in about 5minuets like i piled snow aroound a light pole. i have even left a shovel before that i broke doing a side walk. it pisses me off more when i get the call from that ass hole parking there and i have to go clean it up not cause he parked there cause i had fun doing that!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  16. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

my route is now 7 gas stations and 3 restaurants...

if i didn't self medicate i would have popped a .44 into someones face a long time ago...

BTW....Reaper....that lot don't look very clean to me...what kind of POS plow did that work?...:p

i tried t plow a few people in years ago....all i got was the call that i either came and cleaned it up or i got the bill from the tow truck....NOT GOOD...BAD idea...

17. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 Member

My favorite has always been gas stations and 24Hr. Super Wall-Marts, they have to be the worst. We have to put the plow trucks in the line waiting to get into and out of the parking lot, that is a funny site with plow down stop and go stop and go.

18. I have seen a local company use their snow shovelers as parking guides....as the cars come into the mall parking lot they would direct them where to park....seems to work very well...two trucks, 2 burly men directing traffic...the idea hasn't been copyrighted or patented yet so feel free to use it. Thumbs Up

19. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i try not to let thinks like this get to me but sometimes people are just so stupid and have absolutely no common sense

20. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

whats also really nice is when you open up the fire lane at a strip mall for emergency vehicals and make it to the end and there are already 4 cars parked in the fire lane