1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rent machine?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mow4cash, May 20, 2010.

1. mow4cash

mow4cash Member

I need to give a bid on a commercial account thats not too big but is all gravel so I need a machine. I was thinking a backhoe with a pusher. Can I rent one of these setups for the season?

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Yes......but if its not very big, why not a skid steer/pusher? It would be cheaper and more manuverable/efficient on a smaller lot.

3. mow4cash

mow4cash Member

I think a skid steer/pusher would be good and plenty. We got hit with a big snowstorm last winter so im thinking "big". Do they rent them as a package or separate and what do you think it would run for the season approx. I have a HO penn cat dealer and united rental near me im going to call.

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

5. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Can't you just raise the shoes on your plow?

6. Premier

Premier Senior Member

If it is not a large lot i would go the skid loader route, it will be more cost effective to lease and run, also, you could buy a pusher for it then you have it. 1 less peice of equiptment to rent. just what i would do.

7. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

My Cat dealer rents 50hp machines for about $500 a month in the winter. That is just with a regular size smooth bucket.