1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Removing snow piles

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Rshoemobile, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Rshoemobile

Rshoemobile Junior Member

I'm just starting out as a business. Up until now I just plowed for myself and friends. Last year we had more snow than I could pile up. If it happens again, I'll need to remove some of the piles to make room for more snow. When you have had to do this in the past, where do you take it? How do you get permission to dump it? Just trying to look ahead and trying to plan ahead.

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Take it to a field in a dump truck I believe, or I think some people have a pit where they dump it. Or if you've got some extra cash lying around, you can get a snow melter.

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

You take it to any field that you find and dump it?

try calling commercial property owners/leaser's they may have vacant property were for a fee you can dump it

4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Yup any field, and if ou can't find a field a yard! :laughing: obvisoly you get consen from the owner before you go and dump it in a field.

Oh go drive it down to Florida and it will magicly disapear. Then you'll be good!

5. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

My city has a few specified dump sites that they do not charge to dump at.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

dump the piles on your competitions entry lanes.

:sleeping:

7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

we make arrangements with a developer, they always have land just sitting around, especially in the winter

8. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Dump it in the local creek. That always works lol :drinkup: