1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Removing snow from parking lots

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by dsnvd, Jul 14, 2008.

1. dsnvd

dsnvd Junior Member

Could someone help me in bidding snow removal from parking lots? I have a couple lots this year that would like the snow hauled out of their lots. I have a friend that owns a gravel pit and is going to use his trucks to help me and we are going to use the gravel pit to dump the snow this winter. I would like to figure out how much to charge per truck and how much I should pay him for dumping as well as his drivers for hauling the snow away for me. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Its usually 10-15 bucks a load for a dump fee.
    Not sure on hourly rates as of now, with the price of diesel by winter who the Hell knows what a 6 wheeler will go for.
    I paid $90 an hour last winter.

3. JDavis

JDavis Junior Member
    from Mi

Ask your friend what he charges for hauling any other material in summer. That is his rate. Dont forget with current fuel prices, and who knows what its going to be this winter, add a fuel surcharge clause to your contract.The big question mark I have is distance from the pit. I know when im in Detroit it can take anywhere from 45 min to 2 hours for a round trip. Depending on traffic and weather conditions

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

DING DING DING!

Your friend will have a better idea as what to charge. he would basically be subbing for you, so you need to get his costs, add a little ontop for yourself, then add it to the bid.

5. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Get a quote from your friend to do the work. Then mark it up a percentage to cover your butt and use that amount in your quote to the customer.