1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Removing Plow Set up-How Hard?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by roadrnnr, Jun 19, 2008.

1. roadrnnr

roadrnnr Member

I may be selling my 07 Ram 2500 without the plow and was wondering what is involved with taking the plow and all the wiring off to sell separate?

The frame looks easy but is the wiring all plug and play and just a matter of disconnecting plugs and plugging factory back together.

Tried looking around but alot of plugs are buried.

Looks like one Box controls it all, is that right?

It's 8' sno guard hd set up with mm2
  2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Thats it, a couple plugs behind the lights, a couple spliced connections to turn signal wires, that can just be cut. and not much more. just removed wiring for a transfer took me about 30mins to get all the truck side stuff out.

Module, Joystic, Relay. and depending on the module, 3 or 4 wire harness.
    Thats about it if I remember without looking at it at the momment.
  3. ShoreLineCT

ShoreLineCT Junior Member

Need Wiring Setup For MM2

If you want to sell the wiring harness let me know. I believe it will work with my Dodge 2500 1999 and Fisher 8FT HD MM2. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks in advance.

4. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

You need to take the plates off (look for bolts... thats not hard but the bumper needs to be takin off).... then take the lights out and plug the factory plugs in and cut the plow parking and signal wires off from the plow harness side by the truck original wire.... start at the isolation modual and trace out each of the four plugs taking them out. One of the plugs goes to the cab and to the front and to the solenoid.... Go into the truck fues box and disconect the red wire that connects to the controller wire.... reasemble and your all set.