1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

removing lights

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chuckers, Dec 6, 2005.

1. chuckers

chuckers Member

I have a light that broke in the socket how do you go about removing it? I have tried a few things and they have not worked yet how do you go about that. It is the turn signals and running lights?

Thanks Chris
  2. JTW

JTW Senior Member

well if it was a house light bulp I would say use a potato... Did you try needle nose pliers to grab it and twist?
  3. chuckers

chuckers Member

done tried it
  4. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

What kind of bulb?

I once put some construction adhesive on the end of a stick and stuck it on a broken out bulb. Wait 15 minutes and pulled it out. Its not too technical, but it worked.
  5. chuckers

chuckers Member

Its for the turn signal and running lights on a western head gear. It has the metal plate in there that screws in can you buy the metal plate anywere and just change that?
  6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Use A needle nose pliers and a screwdriver. slide the screwdriver down the side between the bulb stub and the socket, now pry it away from the side and grab it with the pliers.:waving:
  7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

if it's a bayonet bulb (has 2 pins and twists 90 degres in like an 1157) just a pair of needle nose pliers. open them enought to put one point on either side of the center, push in and twist. Works every time.
  8. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

MAke sure to pull the fuse first!