1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Removing heater core

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JTChevy, Jul 28, 2002.

1. JTChevy

JTChevy Junior Member

I'm trying to replace my heater core in a "77" 3/4 ton 4x4. I have no experience in this area. How does one go about removing the heater air distributor mounting screws on the bottom. I guess they go into the engine comparment, but I can't fine the two bottom ones. Any ideals? Thanks James.

2. Dan S.

Dan S. Member

When I changed the heater core in my 76 3/4 4x4 I removed the inner fender to get to the lower bolts holding the housing to the fire wall, after that fender is out of the way it is fairly easy to change out the heater core.
    Have fun!

3. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

Yeah my 78 has nuts on the inside of the cab on the bottom of the heater core housing. Be careful not to break off the studs. ;)

4. cj3859

cj3859 Member

can be done

i know it seems impossible but you can reach the bolts,i've done it with a dog bone one flat at a time,good luck and alot of patience