1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

removing harness

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bader, Feb 24, 2009.

1. bader

bader Junior Member

i had my plow installed on my 98 dodge and i am buying a new truck how hard is it to take the harness out. how many connections are there?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not hard at all.

Disconnect the plow harness/adapters from the truck headlights and headlight leads, reconnect the stock leads to the lights.

Find the purple, violet, and yellow wires where they exit the harness and follow them to wherever the installer connected them to the correct turn and marker lights wires on the truck (toughest part of the job usually).

Disconnect the harness power wire. Should be in the fuse panel. Will be a black/red wire.

Disconnect the plow power cables from the battery. Should also have a brown small gage wire there too depending on the age of the plow.

Disconnect the wiring from the underhood solenoid, remove the solenoid and cables for re-use.

Pull the harness out.

Your done.