1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Removing hard pack and Ice with a Metal Pless Liveboxx

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Got a call from our school board that they need the school yard plowed 50 feet wide up to the windows for a service truck to have access. Well we have only plowed 10 feet all season, so you can imagine all the ice and hard pack. It took several passes put the Liveboxx got it done. This yard is also very old and extremely uneven. I was worried I could break the pavement if I used a bucket.http://youtu.be/THcCqr2Lr9A

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

You should have salted the sh!t out of that area and left it for a few hrs before plowing. Maybe you were pressed for time though, or they don't want salt out there.

Neige, if you ever get a chance to take a picture of one of those boxes pushing over a curb, I would like to see it. I would like to know how much snow if any is left at the curb. The account I have has 8-10" curbs all around it. When I push over the curbs with my box sides on my Snow Wolf, I am leaving snow against the curb and then have to take the sides off and hit it with just the plow for a clean look at the curb. No biggie if you can't, I'm just curious to see.

3. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Very cool perspective towards the end of the video of the cutting edge working.

4. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I will get you a pic next time I go out. I believe that it will still leave snow before your curbs. We will see.

5. WIPensFan

Thanks, these boxes really look awesome.

6. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Cool video. I like the end of showing the scraping action.

7. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

That was awesome getting those shots of the cutting edge in action!

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Any idiot can do that.

Not any pusher can do what Paul did.

I think what Paul is doing is trying to make me find an unplowed parking lot to play with a big yellow box sitting in my yard. ;)

9. WIPensFan

If I had one "sitting" in my yard, I would have found some place to plow. But...I'm an idiot.

10. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Hey guys its all good, sometimes I am the idiot for pushing the plow to hard.
    Because of the lack of snow right now, I am looking for ways to show what this plow can do. My boss gave me trouble when I abused the plow stacking snow in the other video. He does not want everyone to think they can abuse the plow without it breaking at some point. What I am trying to demonstrate is that you can do with this plow as you would any other plow out there. No special instructions, operate it like any other box plow you have used before.
    Lets keep it civil makes for a more enjoyable read. :drinkup: tymusicussmileyflag

11. Neige

Neige Sponsor

We got another surprise 1 inch snowfall early this morning. I took the Metal Pless to our DC and filmed around 18 minuets worth. Would you like to see the whole thing, or just parts of it. Let me know and I will deliver what you all would like. I would rather not spead up the video since I am driving full tilt most of the time anyways. Lots of trucks in my way, and catching piles of snow on the way.

12. Mark Oomkes

Only because you live in Wisconsin where people where cheese wheels on their heads. ;)

Just messing with WiPens.

While I wouldn't be pushing hard piles around with it, it should stand up to hitting a frozen pile just like it did in the video Paul.

And if you really believe in something.................

13. WIPensFan

It's all good, I'm having fun with this, sorry if it didn't come off that way. Keep the videos coming.

Mark, quit making fun of WI and go take a video of the new pusher already.

cheesehead10.gif

14. Mark Oomkes

47* right now. Not sure the spark show would be visible on a video.

15. WIPensFan

I know, it's freakishly warm here too...50's. Seems like 70 degrees because of the harsh temps this winter.

Pictures of said Yellow Box??