1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

removing F/F ??

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by hemiplow, Jan 12, 2010.

1. hemiplow

hemiplow Junior Member
    from ohio

ok we know it works great, as a mater of fact it stays sticky all summer long. I've got this nasty dusty covered film all over my plow from summer storage, what is the best way to remove FF to show off that shinny red finish underneath.

Not complaining but come spring I would like to wash it all off and start from scratch.

2. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Just give it a good wash. That should be all you need to do.

3. hemiplow

hemiplow Junior Member
    from ohio

A good wash?....ya mean like a hand wash?.. Well is there something like a degreaser..or kerosene to spray on first ,that will "break down" the FF so a pressure washer will take it off.

4. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

A pressure washer WILL remove the product, so would a warm water detergent wash.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hot soapy water works fine.

6. hemiplow

hemiplow Junior Member
    from ohio

alright thanks,Ive used it for a few years now, but have never tried to remove it.

7. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

After you remove it does it cause any problems if you try to paint?

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I would think you would want to wipe down with the appropriate thinner first......

9. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

Just run out to Wally world and get yourself some purple power spray it on fluid film off

10. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Isn't the best process to drive ur truck down a gravel road to make all the dust adhere to the newly FF coated undercariage? lol Thats the best way to protect the FF from being washed off in the rain.