1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

removing DRL kit dodge HB/1 four relays

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jasburrito, Sep 7, 2014.

1. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Complete fisher mm2 sehp removed from 99 dodge 2500 and installed on 98 1500. Goes up down left right. Lights all work when plow is off truck. when plow is on, If I turn lights on or turn signals the motor relay gets power and pump runs. And no lights work. The wiring harness has four relays. I am thinking a DRL kit was added to harness? Or is this a different harness entirely? I would like to remove two of the relays and use harness. Is that possible? I have looked at lots of info from fisher library. Still confused. I think my truck only needs two relays? Any advise would be great. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  2. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a gnd issue
    That is a 4 relay harness. Fisher/western had 2, 4, 6 relay harnesses from factory. You need all the relays
  4. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Noticed both grounds rusty. Sanded them clean. Thanks again diesels. Plows at buds house. Will try again in few days.

5. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Pic one shows diode. Have not tried yet looks like DRL wiring is different. I see brown hooked up. Thinking of bringing it to a shop to have dialed all in. Anyone have any idea what wiring diagram from fisher library I need? Huge thanks.