1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Removing door panel...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by hd2500, Jan 25, 2006.

1. hd2500

hd2500 Junior Member

Anyone know how to remove the door panels on an '04 2500 silverado? is there a special tool to pop them off? I'm getting tired of paying the dealer to switch my mirrors for me. Thanks.

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Going off memory here so be carefull and make sure I'm not forgeting anything. Roll down the window. Pop off that triangle peice up on the front corner(it snaps in) There is a bolt(10m IIRC) by the door handle. Pry out the light lens and unplug the light(or you can unplug it last after you take the pannel off but its still attached by wiring) Pop the little plastic cover by the door release/handle. Pop out the manual door lock switch(pry it out) Should be a screw in there IIRC. Now everything should be unattached and its all snap(prety sure there are only 2 screws, go slow and if you find resistence I screwed up and gave you bad info:eek: ) Push up on the pannle and it should pop up, now you can pull it off. Reach around and unhook the wires for the windows/locks/speaker/mirrors ect.

3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

There is one screw on the very bottom of the door if I rember correctly I broke that one off removing myine for the first time so if there is resistance then you forgot a screw....