1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Removing back side of back seat on GMC 3500

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Lynden-Jeff, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

I need to remove the back of the back seat on a 2014 Gmc 3500. It looks like it has two metal hangers that are slid in to holders on the back wall. Can someone walk me through this?
  2. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

confusing title. Back side of the back seat implies the rear side of the back seat facing the rear wall of the cab.

You want the whole top of the back seat removed.

I have never been inside a 3500 crew cab. On many pickups the top/back of the rear seat folds down forward to protect the upholstery while providing a flat platform to load things on.

If your the seat folds down I would leave well enough alone.

If not then you have to look to see if the top of the seat is connected to the bottom. If you can not see to determine this. Then you will have to remove the whole seat and seat fabric to see if removable fasters are used to hold the top to the bottom.

Possible the top and bottom units are two separate units. Where the top/back is hooked on the top the way you see it. Though the bottom end of the back is bolted to the rear cab wall.

You may have to remove the bottom of the rear seat first to gain access to unfasten the bottom of the top/back seat.

The rear seat bottom had to be removed first to gain access to the bolts holing the back of the rear seat on the cars.
  3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Pretty sure they just pull up. GMs been pretty standard about that for a long time. The bottom half is bolted on the sides.

If you put this in Google I'm sure it'll come up first. Lots of people remove them.
  4. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Sounds a lot like the dodge, you have to undo the bolts holding the seat base down , then lift the whole seat up to slide it out of the supports for the top part