1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

remote starting

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by simmons72, Sep 6, 2003.

1. simmons72

simmons72 Junior Member

I have a standard 350 V-8 with an Edelbrock carburetor. I usually have to pump the gas several times in order to start the engine. Can I expect any level of success with a remote start unit or is this for fuel injected only? Also, can I make my truck fuel injected or would that require a ton of additional engine modifications?

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

You need to add a throttle kicker solenoid to "pump" the throttle once before starting.The engine must be in a perfect state of tune,and the carb must be perfectly setup for it to work.You can cycle the kicker once via a momentary output on the alarm\remote start.

I have a remote start on my diesels,and they work fine if setup properly.

It's not too hard to convert to fuel injection.You can use a bolt on new kit from Edelbrock or Holley,or use an OEM setup from a donor truck.The OEM setup is easier and more reliable,but less tunable for engine mods.

If you give me some more details on the truck\mods,I'll let you know what will work best

3. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

you also nedd some sort of relay or bypass because its a standard you have to bypass the switch at the clutch so it will crank over and DONT FORGET TO TAKE IT OUT OF GEAR

4. simmons72

simmons72 Junior Member

correction

By standard 350 V8, I meant a stock V8. I meant nothing towards the transmission. It is an automatic. Sorry for the confusion. Appreciate the info.