1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Remote starter

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by tuney443, Dec 24, 2011.

1. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Can anyone recommend a good remote starter for me to install in my wife's 2003 Liberty Renegade? Looking for preferably as easy an install as possible--plug and play would be the cat's ass if one exists.Don't want to spend hours in the cold doing this. Thanks.
  2. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Best thing is find a local lock smith or shop where they install them, and see what they carry. If possible have them do the install, especially if it has an anti theft chip in the key, That way if there is a problem with it you can go back to them for help. I have seen problems with the aftermerket remote starters, There are many brands on the market, but not all the same quality.
  3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm the installer.I've done a few on my Chevy trucks.Just looking for a new state of the art one for the Jeep brand that's all.
  4. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

I like the Avital line, put one in the wife's navigator. Its made by DEI, same company that makes the bypass for the factory immobilizer. I had to tap the factory harness for a few things but the bypass unit plugged directly into the remote start unit.