1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Remote start pics

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Under the hood.

IMG_0080.jpg

2. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Another underhood

IMG_0082.jpg

3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

A look under the dash

IMG_0099.jpg

4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

another view....:realmad:

IMG_0091.jpg

5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

One more, better view..

IMG_0094.jpg

6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Lower dash panel not put back on right....
    ....and paint chipped off upper dash pad...

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I don't think I'd complain too much, that is a lot neater than many I have seen.

Personally, I think I would have mounted the mercury switch and wiring along with the other wire leading to the hood.

That power wire going to the battery looks a lot beefier than any wire heading to the fuse box would be, that is why it goes directly there instead.

Everything is wrapped neatly with tape (the way OEM harnesses are), and hopefully the connections are better than just twist-and-tape but we cannot see that. I would definately want my connections soldered. Looks like everything under the hood is protected with sheathing too.

If it was mine, maybe I'd consider tidying things up a bit to my own tastes, but it is an aftermarket component, not OEM, so it will always look a little out of place.

8. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Answers like that are exactly what I'm looking for...honest opinions. Am I being too overly critical? See, in other GM truck installations I have seen, you do not see any of that wiring. The installer catches everything under the steering column and hides it all under the lower dash panel. You don't even see any of those boxes. I really only have the ones I've seen to compare it too so that's why I'm a little pissed.

9. I'm with Derek

BL,
    I've seen a lot worse. You could clean that up with a dozen or so wire ties and then it probably wouldn't bother you as much. You could easily get it done before Kick-off!! Good luck.