1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Remote Start on 04 F250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MahonLawnCare, Feb 1, 2010.

1. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

Gotta ? for everyone...I don't know if any of you would know this answer.

I have remote start on my 04 F250 it is a code alarm system. Really handy in the winter, right? Well it won't start my truck now. It just chirps twice and nothing. All the other commands work fine. Anyone have a code alarm or know of a 1-800 number or anything?
  2. sweetsvt99

sweetsvt99 Junior Member

You should be able to download the manual for your remote start from HERE. Of course you are going to need to know what model RS you have.

You are going to need to find what is causing the start process to fail, which is typically done by entering a diagnostics or installer mode and then watching the LED for the "flash code". I'm not all that familiar with Code Alarm, so I can't be much help with that...sorry.

If it "just stopped working one day", common issues can be:

Bad Hoodpin switch
    Bad bypass module
    Bad relay pack, assuming your system has one
    Faulty wiring due to a poor install (crimp connectors loose or something along those lines)
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010