1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Remote start for CTD??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by SpruceLandscape, Dec 14, 2007.

1. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

Who makes a remote start for a 2006 CTD? I would like to put one on for this winter if its not too over the top on price. What is involved with installation?

2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

guess you will have to find one with a delay for the winter time. ill do some checking and see what i can find for you.

how much are you looking at spending. i think the mopar one is $300 and its pretty easy to install i have heard.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  3. TEX

TEX Senior Member

compustar, AstroStart 4204 , and Mopar seem to be whats used the most.

4. SpruceLandscape

I assume the mopar one won't kill my warranty? what do the other ones run in price compared to that? Where are those available through? Thanks for the help:waving:

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have one in mine. It has a wait to start feature. You program it to wait a certain amount of time for the grid heater. I dont know what kind it is, I think it was a German brand or something. I can give you the number to the place I got it, they are very knowledgeable and have top of the line stuff. I'd highly recommend getting it installed.

6. SpruceLandscape

That would be great thanks. Does it affect your warranty at all?

7. TEX

TEX Senior Member

you can get the mopar one and keep your warranty for $300 the others were around 500 ithink but had some special remote that gave you info like when it was running and other stuff. but dang 500