1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

remote start/alarm

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wirenut, Oct 9, 2011.

1. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

anyone have any input on reasonably priced remote start/alarm with good results and no problems....

2. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

I put in an audiovox with a flash logic by pass. I also invested in the part so I can call the truck for remote start, lock, unlock etc. I probably spent 50 hours reading and 5 hours installing. Probably about $350 invested total plus my time.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  3. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I have had CompuStar systems in the past. Best there is out there IMO.

4. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Just looked up the specific items I installed -

APS 905 Remote Start - Ebay $120
    FlashLogic FLDL1 - Amazon for $43
    Carlink ASCL100 Telematics Interface (w/free service for 3 yrs) - Ebay for $69

Plus misc. wire, connectors, etc. So more like $250 invested. But oh, the time. If I hadn't already had my dash apart 50 times for various installs along with having a path through the firewall from having done my plow install, I could easily see spending 20+ hours on the install itself. Definitely something you really have to want to get involved with yourself, otherwise well worth the investment of a professional install.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011