1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

remote recall

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by lawn king, Nov 6, 2008.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I got a call from my dealer, he said my unit has been recalled. I just need to stop by and pick up a new unit?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You'll need to reprogram your receiver unit on the plow to accept your new control.

This is only for certain wireless remotes, I haven't had time to ask why.
    Your dealer should be glad to do the reprogram for you or you can pick it up and do it yourself it's not hard

3. lawn king

Thankx basher, i have not done a retune on a remote for some time so i need the practice, i need to service the pump for this coming season anyway.

4. STRONGARM

STRONGARM Senior Member

What year and model

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check with your dealer, they have been notified by the factory if they have sold any of the recalled units.

6. lawn king

My plow is a 2007 so i assume the remote is as well.

7. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

it all has to do with the serial number mostly the remotes were from 07 but 08 if your dealer had old stock because mostley jan thru sep 08 would still use 07 shipments... in most cases

8. mroccab

mroccab Junior Member

What is the recall for?

What is the reason for the remote recall? Do they stop working or become intermittent or is it something else?

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We were told Programing issues, no one whom received a new from me was having problems. Was a pain to get them all back because the guys were not real motivated as they weren't having any problems:D