1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Remote problem, maybe?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Pearcelawn, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Over the past couple of days I have had a problem with the up function on the remote. I have to push it two or three times to get it to respond,or I have to push it in just the right way on the button, haven't figured out which yet. I replaced the batteries with a fresh set and it doesn't seem to matter if the dp is on or off. All other functions work fine.

Any suggestions/hints? Faulty remote? Faulty receiver on plow?

Thanks in advance guys!!!!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The pad may have shifted. take it to your dealer, or very carefully take the unit apart,make sure all the alignment pins are properly located and reassemble.

these things are pretty bullet proof. I had a customer lose on in the cab when he found it it was in a cup of coffee. took it apart and dried it off, put it back together and it worked.
  3. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Thanks basher- glad it is probably something simple. Love the plow!!! Will let you know how it turns out.
  4. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Hey Basher- Tried what you said but it made no difference. Now turning the plow to the right takes a little maneuvering with the fingers too. Seems like I have to put a lot of pressure on the pad to make it respond. Should I take it to the dealer or is there something else I can try?

Thanks, Karl
  5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

If you have repositioned the pad with no difference in performance I would recommend that you take it to your nearest Sno-Way dealer and have it looked into further.
  6. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I will do that. The weather isn't too bad here now so it is a good time anyway.

Thank you.