1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

remote not working??? HELP

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Landscapes8988, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

i have an e-60 meyer pump. just had pump rebuilt and new motor. new solenoid. was working this morning and now doesn't. it has a touch pad remote, this is the only thing left thats not NEW.... how can i make sure its it? and if its bad will any meyer remote or joy stick work with it? thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What doesn't work? Up, down, left, right, motor doesn't run?

Need to be much more descriptive than simply stating it just doesn't work. Kind of like calling the doctor on the phone and stating "doc I'm sick, what's wrong with me?".

3. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Just ran into a similar problem with an e47. What ever button is pressed it trips the breaker in the remote. Tried changing the remote but not cooperating. All I did was change the motor which spins when jumped with a cable. Changed the solenoid which is grounded.

4. Landscapes8988

i ended up frying my touchpad because i didnt realize i had to buy the specific solenoid and not just one out of an old ford. I switched to a slik stik for 60 bucks.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The touch pads are very sensitive to excessive resistance/low power both on the ground and power sides to connections must be kept near perfect for reliable and dependable operation. Even connecting a battery charger or jump starting a truck equipped with one can fry them if it's done in the on position.

6. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I'll ck the remote on another truck, hopefully its not fried. I used a Cloe Hersee continuous relay and this may be the culprit?

7. Landscapes8988

yup another reason to not buy meyer

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Depends on the details of the one you used. Double small studs? Self grounding? And if so is it grounded good? Poor grounds are the primary killers for the touch pads.

9. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Single stud self grounding. Checked the controller in another truck and seems to work. As you said its probably a ground and something simple. Haven't had time to look at it over the weekend.

10. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Go away kid, your bothering me.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it goes into overload on every single function, including lower/float look for a poor ground on the orange ground lead for the controller including through the controller plug. However if it only trips for those functions that require the motor to run look for a poor connection on the pump cables, both power and ground cables.

Here's a good tip for guys running the touch pads on pumps without the new style coils with the Deutsh connectors (pre E58). Make up a ground jumper lead to ground each individual coil under it's attaching nut and run it to the ground cable location on the sump base. Most all other plow manufactures used dedicated ground leads on their coils but Meyer didn't until the E58's. And we all know the troubles a poor ground can cause. More so with a Meyer touch pad.

12. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I'll look for the orange. Could have disturbed something while changing the solenoid, Thanks Mike

13. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Always something simple....bad ground/easy fix