1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

remote holder

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by candyman13601, Jan 21, 2008.

1. candyman13601

candyman13601 Junior Member

is there a holder for a fisher handheld remote available? also if there is can you tell me where i can get one i just got my plow mounted and i want some way to keep the remote accessible

2. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

There is a remote mount, but I just use a strip of velcro & strap it to my leg.

3. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

My remote came with a triangle shaped metal bracket that the remote slips into.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Bracket should have come with the controller, or left in the truck during the install for the customer to install. Dont let the dealer charge you for it if it was a new install.

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Same here, though usually mine is in my hand while I'm plowing (hold it while shifting with right hand, steer with left hand)- works for me!:nod:

6. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

if you don't have the one that came with it, they're all over E-Bay... probably 20 bucks or so if I remember right.

I just got mine wedged between the seat and center console, still haven't decided where to mount it, seeing as I haven't used it but once so far this winter ( an investment in keeping snow away, my plow that is ) !! :(

7. candyman13601

candyman13601 Junior Member

thanks guys

just wanted to thank you guys for the help turned out i went to the local fisher dealer and they had one it was only 3.99 now i just have to get the thing mounted right now the truck is getting a new turbo put in at the shop wish that was only going to cost me 3.99 lol

8. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Yeah, I found mine in the box that the controller came with. I think it's a personal preference thing.

9. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

So far the best place to mount it for me is between the seat and consul, rest my hand near it anyway and its right there...

10. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Between the seat

I find that putting the remote between the seat works best for me. In a Dodge it fits perfectly.