1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Remote Control Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grshppr, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

Imagine not having to get out and shovel sidewalks any more? How about having a fleet of robot plows at your command? I found this pic on lawn site. Enjoy:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

plow.jpg

2. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

That is a neat machine, but it I don't think it would do the job..
    I wouldnt mind having it though:drinkup:

3. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Does it come with a salter attachment?:D
    If so I may be interested.LOL

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Back after the blizzard of 96, NBC news did a short piece on a guy with a remote controlled Bobcat 763. He would sit in his warm truck and clear driveways. I video taped the piece, but I can't find it now. It's in a box at my mother's house.

Back then he said the set up cost him about $20K to produce. It had some type of safety that would shut it down if it got out of range of the controller.

~Chuck

5. dangerousdarren

dangerousdarren Member

this must be the power version of the shovel on wheels that was on e-bay, discussed in another thread.

6. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

well if any of you guys are into radio controled cars i have 4 that you guys might like i have a bullhead and coldbuster which are 4X4X4 monster trucks with home made hydro plows on the front
    i also have a mack rc dual dump truck with a plow on it made by wiedco german company.has lights 3 speed trans dual motors back up alarm and a hydro unit that powers the dump which dumps like the big boys and runs the plow.the plow does trip on this one.then theres my 4 wheel drive front loader with a home made pusher box on the front.that has a hydro system that runs everthing even the drive system.you don't wanna know how much i paid for those two.i will post some pics as soon as i get my camera working.yes i do plow my driveway and sidewalk with them.they do push snow and the loader stacks 2 ft tall piles lol lol

7. jspivxl102

jspivxl102 Member

Just sit in the family sedan and play with a remote controll. The Tonka truck for adults!
    JP