1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Reminder to tie your loads down!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Feb 5, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

so i'm on my way back from walmart..printing pictures for my dad who is going to court tomarrow contesting a ticket he was given during a traffic accident..

i'm in a dual turn lane, 1 car head of me come to find out is a very sweet lady in a gold 2007 GMC yukon. also 1 car head of me in the other lane is a drywaller in a 2000 f-350 with a large load of metal and if im correct it wasnt tied down hardly at all.

as we make the corner the load shifts and the metal comes off and hits the yukon on the hood,fender and windsheild..the guy in the f-350 stops and more of his load comes off and scatters all over the road.

the lady pulls over, i pull in behind her and told her i have pics and i saw the whole thing and we exhanged info and i got her email and have allready sent her the pics.

anyhow thought i'd add a reminder to secure your load! it could have been much worse at highway speeds....

heres the pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 91AK250

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

you should fix your windsheild:rolleyes::jester:

4. 91AK250

it was new last year, you cant keep a good one so i currently have 4 cracks and about 19 chips..its not even worth it..some spring i may replace it but thats if i have $150 to throw at a losing battle haha

5. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Yeah, just say that the drywall guy's stuff hit it!

Some people are just plain stupid when it comes to this kind of stuff, do you think your cargo won't move or something?

6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

to be honest some people just are not smart.

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Glad to hear that everyone was ok

and yes make sure any and everything is secured at all times

8. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

mine cracks from the plow i think its at the bottom so for now i just live with it. and i try and tell people that everything they want me to haul something and i spend like 20 mins tieing stuff down

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Those look like steel studs that are on the road.

10. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

Yeah whenever someone asks me to help them move stuff with my truck, they throw it on and say it should be good. I'm like, NO, I'm tieing it all down. It's worth the extra time.

11. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

W0w...........

12. yancy

yancy Senior Member

there went his profit down the road!:salute:

13. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

In your pictures, it appears there were straps on his truck

14. 91AK250

on the bottom ones there are...in the bed..but up top..i went over and looked and saw nothing..i could be wrong but i didnt see anything holding it on there. so idk if they fell off or if nothing was put there from the start..i do know it coulda killed somone had things been different though.

15. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Not that I set a good example,but the DOT around me requires ANYTHING in an open body be strapped down.Usually,if it's light, a bungee will suffice,but if it's heavy they will not only disallow it but the strap/chain will be examined to see if it's got adequate strenghth. You DO NOT want those boys ''interpretting'' the rules.

16. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

not to really get off topic here, but wow I would love to live there!

17. 91AK250

lol not O/T that much.. thank you i really enjoy it..take it for granted tho..when i go outta state i reliaze how much i miss my moutains!