1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Remember this about a year ago in Mass.

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Bolt-1, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

2. RSR_NH

RSR_NH Member

Mass?!?! Mass was like the safe haven for NH people in that storm lol

3. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

OK your right I should have said New England.:waving:

4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

anything like the Ice Storm of '98? Many here were without power for 20+ days. I was without for 14 days.

5. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Hey I remember this. We were out of power for about 7 days. I taught myself to run a chainsaw that storm. I had to get like 25+ hours running a saw in total with that storm. I was 14 at the time. A year ago.

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I didn't think Maine had electricity until 2000?:laughing:

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I remember that storm here it was terrible.

8. plowguy23

plowguy23 Junior Member

That was an awsome time. not.. nopower for 8 days. and for the first 15hrs. only one way in and out of my town cuz all the other routes were blocked by trees or poles. but deffinitley a great storyteller now, hopefully never have to go thru that again though.:drinkup:

9. TGM

TGM Senior Member

my old boss in southern nh (small engine shop) was sold out of generators before the store opened and sold 70 more by 9:00am. that was a crazy two weeks. some friends out in peterborough area didn't get power back for two weeks. i was lucky, only a day.

and i remember that maine ice storm.. :nod:

10. MaineF250

MaineF250 Senior Member
    from Maine

I remember that one last year, I got pulled out of my plowtruck and spent the next few days with a saw cutting trees out of the road, pretty fun actually.

11. schutti86

schutti86 Member
    from NH

In NH. Without power for 8 days!

DSCN0951.jpg

DSCN0945.jpg

12. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

[​IMG]

I love it when that happens, gets to the wood pile so much faster when it's pre-split.

13. dlnimsy

dlnimsy Senior Member

That was some storm. A friend and i drove thru that to Presque Isle, was all snow after Patton and we could'nt get gas until Orono, no power anywhere on the way up. Was worth the 14 hour ride. Still the best snowmobiling i've ever encountered. We were the only ones there for four days.