1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

remanufactured engines

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by MMKoon, Dec 7, 2001.

1. MMKoon

MMKoon Junior Member
    from Montana

Does anyone know who makes a good remanufactured Dodge engine. I got royally screwed by a company called "Recon" 3 motors and three months later and no compensation for labor or time (as promised) My truck finally runs. I just bought another Dodge and and want to put a new motor in it but Im real afraid of getting screwed again. I got the last engine in Colorado but have since moved to Montana. Is there a company somewhere in the northwest or close to Montana who sells GOOD remanufactured engines and stands behind their product? I would be willing to go as far as washington state to get one.
    M Koon
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

for the last fewyears i have been buying factory reman's direct from GM,or Mopar,becsude the quality of remans varies so much.It may cost a little more,but its worth it IMO,and the warranty is better,and nationwide.Id try your local dealer,some are agressively pricing their remans,while others are real high,so try a few different dealers.
  3. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

Summit racing has a crate 5.9 liter 360 with 380 hp for $3,529.00 or a 325hp for less cash. Web site is www.summitracing.com or try a search under jims mopar performance or conely performance all have remac motors!
  4. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

I strictly use a/c delco. and yes a/c delco remans, dodge,chevy also.
    Call 1-874-459-6363 ask for jon 9-4 CST, tell him your from plowsite and he will take care of you, Good Luck PT
  5. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

that 380hp summit motor is a pretty mean machine. friend of mine bought one for his dodge. sometimes i take summit for granted being that they are ten minutes away they may be a little pricey, but they dont sell junk thats for sure.