1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Reluctantly... The plow is back on

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Snowbrdr360, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Well, with up to 12 inches of snow predicted for tomorow, ive got the plow back on. Luckily I hadn't cleaned it up for the summer yet:nod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck!! have fun, that would be a 30 hour day for us. guess i'll be putting shingles on the roof tomorrow

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

This is going to be a heavy, slippery mess for us here on thursday!!

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I had mine back on this past weekend for about 4inches of powder/slop. I wasn't bad pushing. The bad part was I had my truck all put back together, tailgate on, brighter reverse lights taken off, balast put away and the blade all cleaned up really nice. And I did it again. I cleaned the blade and put it away but they are talking snow rain snow tommorrow. This sucks. I have the tailgate off but I am not putting the reverse lights on or the balast. The plow maybe? If it is worth it.

Ryan

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Our Southern tier area had in some spots 3 feet this past week.That's not far from the Pa. line.

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Us too. "Illtc" and me just got done putting all of our equipment on the trucks. This sucks, prediction is 6"-10" of heavy, wet snow.....Just great! :rolleyes: :dizzy:

7. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

snowbrdr how do you like the pro comp Xterrains??? i was looking into getting a set.

8. Snowbrdr360

So far they're great! I've got a set of Moto Metal 951's they will be going on at the end of the week. Stock tires will be back on the stock rims for winter use... I guess I'll find out tomorow how they do in snow and plowing, even though I am still hoping that it is rain!!

9. Snowbrdr360

I hear ya... I started spring clean ups last week, was going to finish up the spring fertilitzer this weekend:cry:

10. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

let me know how they do in the snow hopefully i will be able to afford a set in a couple of weeks or so.

11. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

your plow took a beating man, what size are the tires, do you have any rubbing issues with the plow on there

12. Snowbrdr360

Looks a lot worse than it is, simple wash/wax and it would look new again:redbounce

Tires are 285/75/16 pro comp Xterrains, no rubbing at all with some cranking

13. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

cool, i found an 04 diesel im gonna buy, was curious about tires, do you run timbrens on there also?

14. Snowbrdr360

Had em on and it rode like **** so I took them off and sent em back... With the crank on the bars i drop no more than an inch with the plow raised

15. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

what does that plow weigh, i know westerns are on the heavy side of things, i think im gonna buy a 8'2 v blade, will that be enough to clear my wheel base??

16. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

Just calling for rain here in PA. Put one plow in storage but kept the other out just in case. Been getting ready for the mowing and mulching season. I don't need any more snow.

17. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

If we could get a solid week with no snow and no freezing temperatures, we could make some ground on cleanups, fertilizing, and landscaping. But hell, snow blows that idea!:rolleyes:

18. Jim Prill

Jim Prill Member
    from Zion Il

I was joking with my wife this morning that my dad is having the last laugh as his funeral is today. God bless him, he had a weird sense of humor and will be miss dearly. :salute:

19. Rondo

Rondo Member
    from 54166

Hey Snowbrdr, where did you get that cool hazard light on the top of your truck? Does it alternate back and forth? How much are they?
    What a mess this storm is going to be!! We won't get it as bad as you but I still have the blade on the old Blaser so I'm good to go! Let me know what your totals are come Friday!
    PS: nice rig!!!

20. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

All we have been getting is rain from this storm. If it was snow, we'd have close to a foot on the ground right now.